The Webjam Development Team has released the following bug fixes:
Support for Google's Chrome Browser
Google Chrome users can now expect:
- Tidied up and better rendered lightboxes.
- Smoother navigating between tabs and subtabs.
- "Add module" working correctly so that you can add modules to your page (and see subpages and sub networks).
- Fix made to allow drag and drop of modules in Internet Explorer 6 browser.
- "Newsletter" members of networks are now able to join as full member.
- New "Remove Sidebar" option added to Blog module (check out http://www.webjam.com/community/$webjam_blog/2009/05/07/improvements_to_the_blog_module for more information).
- Custom registration form (Premium users only) now applies to "Sign in" lightbox.
New Developments to Webjam this week:
Ability to add a "Network email" so that notifications (Newsletters, invites etc.) are displayed as having a stipulated "from" address. Check out http://www.webjam.com/community/$webjam_blog/2009/05/07/send_emails_from_nominated_email_address for more information.
Big release today with some big enhancements:
A whole new dashboard layout to give you a much cleaner access to all everything you need. Check out http://www.webjam.com/community/$webjam_blog/2009/04/22/the_new_webjam_dashboard for more information.
Webjam to Networks
We've been cleaning up the whole platform to allow everyone to be fully immersed in the networks. Check out http://www.webjam.com/community/$webjam_blog/2009/04/24/from__webjams__to_your_very_own__networks for more information.
As of today, three new modules are available for all users in the "Webjam toolbox" tab of the Modules menu:
This allows you to add a search module onto their site which can be configured to display different defaults.
Provides you with the ability to set a pre-defined search to be displayed on their site.
Allows you to insert a module that searches all tags on their site and displays them in one place.
For more information about our new search functionality & the tag cloud module, visit the Webjam Blog post: Search & tag cloud modules for your site
These enhancements were made to the Webjam platform today:
- New option to "Join" in the topbar which allows you to register to Webjam and join the site you're viewing.
- Updated functionality to 'My webjams' and 'Page navigation' modules to enable you to prioritise your pages more easily using drag and drop.
- Added functionality to "Channel Settings tab" which enables Webjam partners to lock the modules they wish to replicate on each new page to prevent them from being edited.
In today's update the Newsletter has had the following functionality added:
- Brand new 'Subscribe to newsletter' module added (found in: modules > Me & my community). This module enables your users to subscribe/unsubscribe to your newsletters from your site.
Branded Services Users
- Ability to add Newsletter recipients to members area by adding email addresses. To try out this feature navigate to members > Newsletter settings and click the 'Add email addresses' button.
- Ability to add ad-hoc recipients from the Newsletter lightbox. Once you click on the 'Send newsletter' button (found in members > Members list) you will see the Newsletter lightbox where you are able to add additional recipients by email address.
- Stylistic change to the lightboxes to give sites a more neutral feel (i.e., less branding). For more info visit the Webjam Blog post: Pushes & the lightboxes looks a little lighter.
- Fix of issues around replication of module settings for the Blog, join this webjam, forums, and RSS feed modules.
- Fix of browser compatibilty issue on Internet Explorer.
- New "Sign-in" module created - insert a sign-in form anywhere on your site.
Webjam Branded Services partners now have the following enhancements to their service:
- Members form now able to be associated to a template so that the form appears on all replicated sites.
- Full replication of all Premium styles on templates (favicon, logo link and label, data).
- Full replication on all site settings on templates (privacy, tags, description)
- Ability to lock entire template pages to prevent settings from being edited or deleted.
- Ability to set modules to automatically appear on new pages created within replicated sites.
We at webjam decided it was a good idea to keep you informed of the changes we make on a regular basis; to improve our service to the platform and your overall experience of webjam. With this in mind, welcome to the first of many blog updates, informing you of any changes or fixes that have been put in place as a result of your feedback in the forums and/or our development as a company on the whole.
We schedule in fixes and releases every 1 – 2 weeks. These can include anything from a couple of minor amendments or tweaks, to big projects we’ve been working on and developing. The main aim here is to let you know what we’ve been up to and to provide you with any useful hints and tips if necessary.
So onto what we did last week...
- Fixes to improve general performance.
- Resolution of bugs around being able to scroll through pages of invited guests.
- Problems around displaying who’s attending an event and who isn’t resolved.
In Other News...
- Fields in the Premium Styles menu realigned.
Over the coming months, we will be developing some new and exciting projects so please check the Product Plan for more information and updates. Make sure you update the forums with any issues you may encounter, as well as reporting things directly by using the links in the footer.