Your own customisable social network
Webjam is the solution of choice for local communities, interest groups, charities, fan clubs and families who want to easily connect online and share content in a controlled and safe environment.
Webjam allows you to give a sense of purpose to your online connections and create a relevant and personalised presence for your groups and communities.
Our co-founders Alberto, Marcus and Yann took their inspiration from their earlier involvement in a local resident association website named the Jam Factory, in central London.
As neighbours, they had initially volunteered to develop a website to allow all residents to share connections, discussions and local recommendations in a truly collaborative environment restricted to the community of residents.
The spark of interest from neighbouring buildings triggered the thinking and realisation of a more ambitious vision of enabling anyone to give a purpose to their online connections.
Meet the Webjam team
1. It is easy to use and you can create great stuff – you don’t have to be web savvy, or a techie
2. It fits a wide range of purposes, from a big project to a small and fun idea
3. It is useful – you save time putting all your information in one place and sharing it with your groups
4. It is the best of the web all in one place: forum, photos, blog, widgets, members, friends, … you can have it all!
5. It is all about the community – share your online “thing” with people, replicate the best styles, modules or webjams
6. It is completely controlled by you – the look, the content, the members, and even who sees what and who can contribute
7. It is as open or closed as you want it to be – you can hide personal notes, share something with a small group or make your thoughts known to the world
8. It is flexible: drag & drop, type & go, pick a style templates or create your own in the style editor
9. It lets you manage multiple identities and groups with as many webjams as you want – while still consolidating your web presence in once place.
10. It is free!