No posts to display.
Acrosport is a part of Gymnastics. It is a team competition accompanied by music.
Teams must create different structures and build human pyramids in time with the music.
It is a sport that needs physical strength, stamina, rhythm, coordination and balance. It is a team sport, so your partners depend on you.
It combines the beauty of dance and acrobatics. Gymnastics skills add excitement to the exercises.
Acrobatic balances show grace, strength and flexibility.
Choreography and synchronisation add beauty and creativity to each exercise.
It is a very old activity, Egyptians did human pyramids more than 2000 years ago.
THE CHOREOGRAPHY: STEPS TO CREATE IT
1. Decide the structures and the order to perform them.
2. Decide the linking exercises between one pyramid and the next one.
3. Practise the choreography. Focus on: helpers, building and dismantling it fluidly, links.
4. Choose some corresponding music.
5. Adapt the choreography to the music.
1. Basic body control positions
3. Structures in pairs, groups of three, four...
4. Structures with inversions
A child performing a forward roll
The forward roll is one of the most basic elements in gymnastics. The forward roll is started from a standing position or in a tucked position and then the gymnast then crouches down, knees bent..., places their hands shoulder with apart and hands facing forward. They tuck their chin to their chest and place the back of their head onto the floor. They then push off of the floor with their legs and rotate over their head onto their back. The gymnast then presses their feet onto the floor and whips the arms forwards to stand up or stay in a tucked position but without using hands to push up from the mat
How to Do a Headstand in Gymnastics
- Position yourself in a gymnastics move called a tripod. To do this, form a triangular shape with your hands and head. Lift your knees and put them on your elbows while maintaining your balance.
- Cross your right leg in front of your left leg. Press the heel of your right foot into the intersection of your left thigh and torso. The toes of your right foot will point towards the knee of your left leg.
- Place the foot of your left leg just beneath your right leg's knee. This will put your body in a tripod and your legs in a lotus. Engage your abdominal muscles to keep your body steady and straight.
- LIft your legs up while they are in the lotus position, making sure they are straight with the rest of your body. Keep your abdominal muscles engaged and your breathing regular to avoid falling over. This will put you in a lotus headstand.
- Lower yourself back down until your knees are on your elbows. Remove your legs from the lotus position and place your feet on the ground.