Over ten years of work experience in all the aspects of designing, developing and managing websites, provided extensive knowledge in product management and design processes, concept development, information architecture, visual design, online brand, etc.
In 2004 founded Artlike ltd, new media consultancy specialized in designing user experiences for large websites.
Recent projects include the redesign of the next generation of Directgov the UK Government's portal for online citizen services; and collaborating with Webjam, one of the most promising European web 2.0 start up, to set up the arts and media online community.
Previous projects relating art and design industry include collaborations with Animax (multimedia theater environment lab) and the creation of unxposed.com online community for Video artist.
Organized exhibitions and exhibited artworks at Germany, Spain and the UK.
Worked as associate teacher in the subject of drawing at Fine Art University (Universidad de Vigo) Spain.
Education background as Fine Artist with Postgraduate studies in drawing and design (MA and Postgraduate in Fine Arts, Universidad de Vigo , Spain) and new media management (Postgraduate University of London, UK).
I share some of my thoughts, inspiration and links to recent artworks at Artlike blog
1. Insist on rights of humanity and nature to co-exist in a healthy, supportive, diverse and sustainable condition.
2. Recognize interdependence. The elements of human design interact with and depend upon the natural world, with broad and diverse implications at every scale. Expand design considerations to recognizing even distant effects.
3. Respect relationships between spirit and matter. Consider all aspects of human settlement including community, dwelling, industry and trade in terms of existing and evolving connections between spiritual and material consciousness.
4. Accept responsibility for the consequences of design decisions upon human well-being, the viability of natural systems and their right to co-exist.
5. Create safe objects of long-term value. Do not burden future generations with requirements for maintenance or vigilant administration of potential danger due to the careless creation of products processes or standards.
6. Eliminate the concept of waste. Evaluate and optimize the full life-cycle of products and processes, to approach the state of natural systems, in which there is no waste.
7. Rely on natural energy flows. Human designs should, like the living world, derive their creative forces from perpetual solar income. Incorporate this energy efficiently and safely for responsible use.
8. Understand the limitations of design. No human creation lasts forever and design does not solve all problems. Those who create and plan should practice humility in the face of nature. Treat nature as a model and mentor, not as an inconvenience to be evaded or controlled.
9. Seek constant improvement by the sharing of knowledge. Encourage direct and open communication between colleagues, patrons, manufacturers and users to link long term sustainable considerations with ethical responsibility, and re-establish the integral relationship between natural processes and human activity.
I am trying to use Twitter, it is such a cool feature to keep your friends informed of what are you doing but (if you have many) but it doesn’t seem to work very well.
Does anybody knows any similar widgets so I cold use instead?
Tomorrow meet up at Borough at lunch time
An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them. Andy Warhol